COVID UPDATES 2020
Picking Up from School
Parents picking up students during the day will complete the Parent Form dropping off or picking up a student using the QR code posted at the front door. Parents will not be entering the building. Ring the bell after you have complete the QR Survey to notify the office staff that you are on campus and have completed the form.
Office staff will sign the student out, documenting both the time the student left the building, as well as the time the parent requested for early dismissal.
Your child will be brought to you. You will need to provide ID to pick up your child when your child is brought to the front entrance by staff as it may not be Mrs. Tipsword who walks your child to the front door.
How Parents Notify the District
This form should be used to report when a student has been diagnosed with COVID-19, is having symptoms that may be COVID-19, or if they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Once the report is received, your school nurse will contact you with additional information.
HEALTH SCREENING REMINDER FOR FAMILIES
Now that students are back in buildings for face-to-face instruction, we need your assistance in keeping everyone healthy and safe. Parents are reminded to please take a moment each day to monitor your children’s health and do not send them to school if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. No one should enter a Plano ISD school or facility if any of the following apply:
- Sick with symptoms that could be COVID-19. Symptoms to watch for: fever (100°F or higher), cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fatigue, congestion/running nose, nausea/diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell.
- Has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. These individuals must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority or their physician.
- Has a household member who is awaiting COVID-19 test results, or who is awaiting their own test results.
If any of the above conditions apply, the COVID-19 Student Reporting Form should be completed. Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be permitted to return to school when:
- They are 24 hours fever-free without using fever-reducing medication; and
- Symptoms improved (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.); and
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began
If a student wants to return to school prior to meeting the above criteria, they must obtain a medical professional’s note clearing them for return based on an alternative diagnosis or receive a negative PCR or antigen test.
Support Mathews PTA